- Background – The Management of R&T within organisations
- Research & Development and and the link with corporate strategy
- Research & Development strategic planning
- Research & Development operational activities
- Research & Development project selection criteria
- Research & Development evaluation
- Summary and recap
R&D and its link with businesses
1. R&D for existing businesses. This will ensure the businesses are able to compete and to exploit all opportunities available to it.
2. Driv new businesses. Business opportunities will continually arise. R&D will ensure that these can be exploited.
3. Exploratory research. This helps to develop understanding of technology that the business is using or may use.
N.B It’s the businesses that pay for it
Research and technological development
1. A general term for activities in connection with corporate or governmental innovation. Research and development is a component of Innovation and is situated at the front end of the Innovation life cycle. Innovation builds on R&D and includes commercialization phases.
2. The activities that are classified as R&D
3.Technological fields which may facilitate future product development in return on investment.
4. Marketing investment
Cycle of research and development
1. New product strategic alliances, acquisitions
2. Great importance in business as the level of competition, production processes and methods are rapidly increasing.
3. Strength of the relationship between R&D spending and productivity in Industries based on name recognition.
4. Possibility for increased productivity or new product lines. The Internal Revenue Service offers.
5. BREAKING DOWN ‘Tax Liability‘
6. Established firms with Ideas & many resources
1. Understanding customer & market needs .How ?
2. Creativity –Skill, Knowledge Base, Learn & Change
3. Open Innovations – Collaboration & Partnership.
4. Culture of innovations>Vision , Leadership & Support, commercial imperatives to Innovate
5. Executions- Commit Resource, Continuous Improvement Benchmark ,Goals ,Strategy
6. Intellectual Property – Manage & Protect
Who are the Key Players ?
1. Future Oriented
2. Long term Activities
Classification of new products Development
Overview @ RESEARCH
1. The national conference on “RECENT ADVANCEMENT IN INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
2. Practical Live PROJECTS
3. PATENTS & PUBLICATIONS
4. Seminars & Conferences
5. Entrepreneur cell
6. Academic research journals
7. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Overview @ DEVELOPMENTS
1. Preparing Module for Industry
2. PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE PROGRAM
3. CAREER ADVANCEMENT CELL
4. PROGRAM (EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM)
5. TRAINING & PLACEMENT PROGRAM (IDP)
6. SHORT-TERM PLACEMENT PROGRAM (100%PLACEMENT)
7. PORTFOLIO AND WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
8. Employability Assessment